Chino Hills – CVUSD Alternative Education Center
15650 Pipeline Avenue
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Program Director: Shamon Gunn, M. Ed. PPS
Welcome to Chino Hills – CVUSD Alternative Education Center
WELCOME TO SPECTRUM AT CHINO HILLS!
At Spectrum, we collaborate with families and school districts to provide evidence-based educational services for students with special needs. Our campus provides comprehensive services to engage students in learning. Those services include:
- Quality of research-based & data-based practices to maximize learning
- Data driven decisions to inform instruction and evaluate IEP goal completion
- Individualized programming and ability to meet each student’s unique pace and needs
- Structured, effective behavior management systems Inclusion opportunities
- Vocational and community-based instruction for all ages
- Transition services to empower students on their next phase in life
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
Our program promotes engagement, active listening, coping skills, self-awareness, connection to others, and academic achievement.
The hallmarks of our social emotional learning program are:
- Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS)
- Integrated SEL lesson into daily instruction Pro-social Skills Instruction
- Restorative Practices
- Trauma Informed Practices
WHO WE SERVE
Various disabilities from mild to severe.
FOR REFERRALS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Mina Hutchins, Director of Outreach & Enrollment
Program Director Spotlight
Hello Families and Stakeholders,
My name is Shamon Gunn, I am the new Program Director for the Chino Hills campus. It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you. I have worked in education for the past 25 years. I began my career in education as an Instructional Assistant with The Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) in the division of Special Education. My career grew over 19 years. Upon completing my undergraduate degree in Psychology from The University of La Verne, I continued my education by obtaining a master’s and PPS Credential, in Educational Psychology from National University. From 2005-2014 I held the positions of School Psychologist and Assistant Principal. My experience covers supporting students within the Divisions of Special Education and the Division of Juvenile Court and Community Schools. I have a vast knowledge base with Ed Code, and Special Education Law.
After working 19 years with LACOE, I was offered the Program Administrator/Principal position with El Monte Union High School District. It was a hard decision to make since LACOE had become like home. During my tenure with El Monte I managed 9 classrooms and developed and maintained healthy relationships with partnering agencies in order to best service the students.
It is my desire to continue executing the Spectrum Servant Leadership to ensure our students and staff receive the very best service. If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is my pleasure to support the Spectrum Family.
Mrs. Shamon Gunn, M. Ed. PPS