With your building + our program, Spectrum Collaborative Classrooms provide increased inclusion opportunities. Partnership brings progress.
Your Building + Our Program
Spectrum Center Collaborative Classrooms offer students with significant social emotional needs and behavioral deficits a structured classroom in a district setting.
Students receive the benefit of the specialized support while accessing opportunities and resources within the district building.
Students in a Spectrum Center Collaborative Classroom have more access to inclusion opportunities, like:
- Participation with their peers in the general school program, including:
- Assemblies & Lunch
- Sports, Clubs, Field Trips
- Electives and other courses
- Reverse mainstreaming and peer modeling
- Increased opportunity to develop of social skills
Collaborative Classroom Program Features & Benefits
Our programs have a foundation in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We are experts at understanding the function of behaviors and teaching students the skills they need to be successful in classroom and in life.
All Students Benefit From:
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS)
- Direct Instruction for remediation of skills
- Direct instruction on grade-level learning standards
- Evidence-based social skills instruction
- Individualized and/or small group counseling (per student IEPs)
- Functional analysis of challenging behavior and behavior intervention plans if needed.